3. Do Too Many Government Rules Harm People?
Some rules help to keep us safe. But sometimes, people in powerful get carried away and make too many rules, restricting our behavior and prohibiting us from doing simple things like opening a neighborhood lemonade stand or even limiting which businesses are allowed to operate.
- Build a Sandcastle, Get Fined $500, and Maybe Go to Jail
- Arnold Abbott, lifelong activist who fought to feed the homeless, dies at 94
- Got a License for that YouTube Channel?
- Lessons from a Lemonade Stand
- Civil Disobedience: refusal to comply with certain laws that are believed to be unjust
- Occupational License: a government permission slip that allows a person to do the job they went to school or were trained to do