When someone breaks the rules, or the law, they should understand the rule or law they are breaking, right? Well in some cases people have been given criminal convictions for breaking laws that they didn’t even know they were breaking.
- Lessons from a Lemonade Stand: An Unconventional Guide to Government
- Morally Innocent, Legally Guilty: The Case for Mens Rea Reform
- Mens rae: The legal theory that states that a suspected criminal is only guilty if they knew they were committing a crime.
- Malum in se: The belief that something is wrong or evil not because of the law, but because of the laws of nature.
- Malum prohibitum: The belief that something is wrong simply because the government says it is and creates a law.